I’m Timo Hoogstra and I help landscape architects and urban planners visualize their designs in 3D. Originally, I’m Dutch, but currently I live in Cantabria, Spain. I work from home, where I live with my (almost) wife, our three cats and a tarantula called Charlotte.
From landscape architecture to 3D visualization
I have a degree in Landscape Architecture from University Van Hall Larenstein in Velp, Netherlands, and I’ve worked internationally as a landscape architect for about three years. After that, I decided to start on my own and chase my passion for 3D visualization in landscape architecture. I was able to turn my hobby into my work so I couldn’t be more enthusiastic to help you visualize your landscape design in 3D!
Have a look at my personal/business roadmap to see what I’ve done and where I’ve been.
September 2012 – June 2017
BSc in Landscape Architecture at University of Applied Sciences Van Hall Larenstein.
- Internships in Dubai and India.
I received a job offer as landscape architect in Dubai.
- At the same company where I did my internship.
January 2018 – February 2020
Started my career as Junior Landscape Architect in Dubai.
- Worked in a small international team on a wide range of projects.
Moved back to Europe, specifically: Spain.
- First experienced the south, but soon decided to move to Cantabria in the north of Spain.
Registered as freelancer in Spain and started TMO Landscape Studio.
- Set-up my remote 3D visualization business and started on my first projects.
July 2020 – Current
3D landscape visualizer under the name TMO Landscape Studio.
- Working freelance on small and large scale 3D projects, together with local and international landscape architects and urban planners.